After receiving a million comments/questions/opinions about BrightCove from all of my fine, feathered, friends, I decided that I would bite the bullet and blog about it.
In my opinion, their new position is pretty simple. They are competing with everyone. I mean everyone. YouTube, Revver, NBBC, Voxant, College Humor, and more specialize in delivering pieces of the new BrightCove platform. The move by Brightcove is either a super-brilliant all-or-nothing dash to own the legal video market, or it is absolutely Captain Insano. Only time will tell I suppose.
If they do pull this off, the web will definitely be a very different place. Not to mention they will be very rich video moguls. Either way, I wish them the best of luck. See below for a breakdown of the BrightCove vs. Everyone.
– Consumer-facing Video Gallery
– Search, discover and share videos
– Video can be distributed via a viral video player
2. BrightCove Network
– Syndication service for independent content creators
– Upload video for free
– They will put in the ads
– Content owner gets a 50% rev share
3. BrightCove Syndication Network
– B2B marketplace
– Gallery for participants to find shared content
– Distribution services
– Licensing services
Sound familiar? Check out NBBC.
4. BrightCove Platform
– Hosted SaaS for content providers
– Distribute video from your site
– Use the platform, put in your own ads
– Keep ad revenue, sell downloads
Sound familiar? I don’t even feel like going through this one. 🙂