In future fire side chats, we can try to break things down more specifically as it definitely worth exploring. If you have any specific feedback, or ideas, I would love to hear them.
Widget Creators (Individual, Last.fm, Yahoo)
- Creation – Um, ok who is going to build this thing?
- Tools & Standards – What the heck do I use to make a Widget?
- Hosting – Where do I put it?
- Portability – Where can it go?
- Configuration – Can the user muck around with it?
- Distribution – Ok, how do I get people to use this bad-boy?
- Authentication – Is this really my Widget talking to me?
- Security – Duh.
- Analytics – Where, oh where, did my little Widget go?
- Prediction – Where, oh where, could my little Widget go?
- Monetization – Make me some cash flow Widget – please?
Aggregators (MySpace, Blogger, Live, etc.)
- Code Verification – Is this yet another fool trying to make a mess?
- Monetization – I am hosting this site, do I get a piece?
- Service Conflicts – What about MY widgets on MY social network?
- Framwork Conflicts – How do I import 3rd party Widgets?
End Users (MySpace Kidz, WordPress Geeks, etc.)
- Search – Where do I find those cool thingys to put on my site?
- Discovery – I don’t even know what I am looking for, what’s cool?
- Collection Management – I got lotsa Widgets, got any boxes?
- Deployment – How do I put this Widget thingy on that Blog thinger?
- Monetization – Can I get a piece of the action?